The Boston Clock Company was organized by Joseph H. Eastman & James Gerry on May 29,1884. The facory was actually located across the harbor in Chelsea. This Company was formed as the successor to the Harvard Clock Company. Joseph H. Eastman became the manager of the this new firm. In January of 1894 the Boston Clock Company was sold to the Ansonia Clock Company of Brooklyn, New York. All tools machinery and patents were included in the sale. In March of the same year, Joseph Eastman and others tried to revive it as the Eastman Clock Company. This new firm lasted only one year. The Boston Clock Company manufactured clocks predominately in the style of the crystal regulator, carriage clocks and other mantel clocks in marble case. A few wall clock were produced.
The "Delphus" is arguably their prettiest model. It measures approximately 10.5 inches tall, 7.5 inches wide across the base and 5.75… read more